School starts in a week and one day. Usually by this time of the summer I'm ready for the kids to go back to school. They are to the point that they are fighting and bored and just really we aren't having any fun at home by this point of the summer.
This summer has been different though. I don't know if it's that the kids are getting older, so going and doing things with them is easier, or if I'm just becoming more mellow and I'm dealing with the occasional fights better.
I decided last night that I needed to start getting myself used to waking up on time this week, so it wasn't as big of a problem next week when school does start.
I failed miserably this morning. Rich woke me up as he was headed out the door, and the next thing I knew it was an hour later and I had fallen right back to sleep! whoops!
I've got 5 more mornings to try and get myself back onto the schedule before it's an actual school day. This year Alyssa will be going to 1st grade, so she has to be up, eat breakfast and ready to go in the mornings too (and that includes combing the tangles out of her curly hair!).
For now though I want to really enjoy this next week with the kids at home. We have had a great summer and it's been fun having them home. It will be good for them to go to school next week though... before we get to the point that we are tired of being at home together all day everyday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment